Dec 30, 2015
DUBUQUE, Iowa- On the final day of the University of Dubuque Tournament, the Illinois Institute of Technology dropped a close game to Simpson College. Simpson topped Tech 78-72.
How it Happened
- Tech got off to a fast start with a 6-0 lead, which held for most of the half. Simpson took its first lead of the day on a three-pointer from Sabonis Smith in the middle of the first half, putting the Storm up 20-19.
- Tech battled the rest of the way, but Simpson took a 67-59 lead late in the second half.
- Simpson's lead would reach as large as 11, which proved to be too large a deficit for the Hawks to make up.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Samuel Rarick had one of the best individual efforts of the season for the Scarlet Hawks, tallying 29 points on 13-of-17 shooting to go along with 11 rebounds.
- Anthony Mosley Jr. poured in 22 points with four rebounds and four assists.
Stats to Know
- Tech lost despite shooting 51.1% from the floor.
- Simpson was 20-of-24 from the free throw line compared to just 9-of-11 for the Scarlet Hawks.
- The Storm outrebound Tech 36-33.
- The Scarlet Hawks will oppose University of Chicago at home on Saturday, January 2. Tip-off is set for 3:00 p.m.