CHICAGO, Ill.- The Illinois Institute of Technology men's basketball team (2-12) hosted #22 University of Chicago on Saturday evening. Facing its first d3hoops.com ranked team of the season, Tech fell 85-65.
How it Happened
- Chicago started the game on a 5-0 run, but the Scarlet Hawks kept things close and pulled to within one at 12-11.
- The Maroons would slowly pull away down the stretch in the first half. Anchored by three-point shooting, Chicago led 54-30 at halftime.
- The Scarlet Hawks started the half strong, pulling to within 18 as Anthony Mosley Jr. had a stretch of three consecutive baskets.
- Chicago's three-point shooting, however, prevailed once again, as the Maroons pushed the lead above 30.
- The Scarlet Hawks ended the game strong, outscoring Chicago 17-7 over the final six minutes.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Mosley Jr. led all scorers with 25 points. He also tallied five rebounds and two steals.
- Samuel Rarick added 14 points.
- Parker Joncus added 12 points and hit two three-pointers.
- Both Alex Voss (19 points) and Jake Fenlon (17 points) hit five three-point field goals.
Stats to Know
- Chicago shot 10-of-21 from three in the first half (47.6%) and 16-of-33 for the game (48.5%).
- Tech outscored Chicago 35-31 in the second half.
- The Scarlet Hawks were outrebounded 41-24, but won the turnover battle 14-10.
- The Scarlet Hawks host Aurora University on Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m.