Jan 21, 2017
CHICAGO, Ill. - Illinois Tech women's swimming and diving hosted Carroll University in Keating Sports Center's Ekco Pool on Saturday. Tech was impressive on Senior Day, beating the Pioneers 138-100.
- Briana Tyler won her heat and set a season-best in the 200 Yard Butterfly with a time of 2:20.34.
- The Scarlet Hawks' 200 Yard Freestyle Relay team of Jasmine Duke, Jamie Wurster, Tyler and Katherine Lydon had a strong swim and finished first with a time of 1:45.27. In the same race, Lavinia Santos, Emma Prager, Madeline Lane, Milica Gvozdjan also put together a strong relay and finished third (1:57.88).
- Lydon came out on top in the 200 Yard Freestyle with a time of 2:00.06 and also the 200 Yard Backstroke at 2:16.56.
- Duke and Grace Wischmeyer finished second and fourth (Duke 2:05.73, Wischmeyer 2:15.47) in the 200 Yard Freestyle behind Lydon.
- Kristin Wills won the 400 Yard Individual Medley (5:00.12) and finished second in the 200 Yard Backstroke (2:23.50).
- Prager won the 200 Yard Breaststroke with a time of 2:32.37.
- Paige Mass and Christian Jones finished first and second in the first portion of 1 Meter Diving, earning scores of 140.80 and 122.25 respectively. In the second portion, the Hawks swept and finished first, second and third (Mass 175.50, Elly Shin 156.45, Jones 155.95).
- The Scarlet Hawks will visit Lake Forest College on Saturday, January 28. The meet is set to start at 1:00 p.m.