BELOIT, WIS. – The Illinois Tech men's soccer team only needed one goal from Oluwaseun Ogunsanya in the 41st minute as Anastasios Manolis recorded a shutout and the Scarlet Hawks defeated the Buccaneers, 1-0.
How it Happened
- Illinois Tech was in control most of the match, outshooting Beloit, 24-8.
- The Scarlet Hawks defense was stellar all night allowing only two shots on goal.
- Beloit goalkeeper Alex Lyon also did a great job allowing one goal while recording 11 saves including seven in the first half.
- Illinois Tech goalkeeper Anastasios Manolis picked up a huge save in the 65th minute to keep it a 1-0 match.
Scarlet Hawks Standouts
- Oluwaseun Ogunsanya had five total shots, with three being on goal, including the only goal of the match in the 41st minute.
- Conner Shaw had four total shots including three on goal.
- Anastasios Manolis recorded a shutout in goal, picking up two saves, one in each half.
- Illinois Tech returns to action Tuesday, Sept. 11 as the Scarlet Hawks travel to Wyoming, Mich. To take on Grace Christian University. Match time is scheduled for 3:00 p.m. (CT).