Posted: Oct 14, 2019
Watertown, Wis. – The Illinois Tech men's soccer returned to Wisconsin to take on Maranatha Baptist in a rare Monday Night matchup. The Hawks (5-8-1, 1-4-1 NACC) defeated the Sabercats (5-6-2) 2-0.
How it Happened
- Christopher Reed broke through for the first tally of he day in the 23rd minute with an individual effort to put the Hawks up 1-0
- Just 52 seconds into the second half Peter Fouchet put one in the back of the net to double the lead.
Scarlet Hawks Standouts
- Reed and Fouchet finished as the lone goal scorers. Reed also led the Hawks in shots on goal with 4.
- Alex Kern and Gavin Gordon combined for the shutout in goal.
- The Hawks return to NACC competition Wednesday afternoon as the head west to River Forest, Ill. to take on Concordia University at 3:00pm