Posted: Feb 10, 2017
ELSAH, Ill. – The Illinois Tech men's swimming and diving team competed at the third of four days at the Liberal Arts Championships on Friday at Principia College. Tech is in third place after the day's events.
- Brendan Howley was victorious in the 100 Yard Breaststroke, winning the event with a time of 55.55s. His time is a school, pool, conference, and LAC meet record, as well as a NCAA National B-Cut and invited time from 2016. Louis German placed 13th (1:01.42) in the same event.
- It was a strong swim for the 200 Yard Medley Relay team, as Tech's Ryan Lakner, Howley, Julian Escasa, and David Polzin placed second with a time of 1:34.19.
- Jay Korhonen placed second in the 400 Yard Individual Medley with a time of 4:10.45. Benjamin Cohen (10th place, 4:31.72) and Jason Voelker (14th place, 4:52.32) reached the finals as well.
- The 800 Yard Freestyle Relay team of Luke Workman, Zachary Bonson, Korhonen, and Karsen Diepholz placed third with a time of 7:06.12.
- Diepholz also placed third in the 200 Yard Freestyle at 1:43.59. Luke Workman placed 10th with a time of 1:46.47.
- Escasa placed seventh in the 100 Yard Butterfly (52.67s) and was followed by Matt Schindler (11th place, 54.80s).
- In the 100 Yard Backstroke, Ryan Lakner placed ninth with a time of 54.05s.
- The LAC Championships conclude tomorrow with the 200 Yard Backstroke, 100 Yard Freestyle, 200 Yard Breaststroke, 200 Yard Butterfly, 400 Yard Freestyle Relay, 1 Meter Diving, and 1650 Yard Freestyle.