CHICAGO, Ill. – Tech's Illinois Tech men's swimming and diving team competed in day two of the University of Chicago Phoenix Fall Classic on Saturday. After several impressive performances, Tech sits in sixth place after two days with 234 points.
- Chicago (733)
- Lewis (572)
- DePauw (468)
- Carthage (245)
- Valapraiso (244)
- Illinois Tech (234)
- Hope (164)
- Lincoln (162)
- Wheaton (122)
- North Central (69)
- Matthew Randle had one of the best days of his career, recording season-best times in the 200 Yard Individual Medley (15th place, 1:59.95) and 200 Yard Backstroke (13th place, 2:00.94). His split of 1:50.20 in the 800 Yard Freestyle relay was also a season-best, as he combined with Seth Wissenbach, Miles Thompson, and Julian Escasa to finish seventh with a time of 7:18.77.
- Randle was also a part of another successful relay: the 200 Yard Medley. He, Samuel Kalenowski, Tyler Van Wagener, and David Polzin placed 12th with a time of 1:38.47.
- Thompson placed 15th in the 500 Yard Freestyle with a time of 4:56.71, a season-best.
- Both Ryan Escasa (12th place, 1:58.39) and Wissenbach (15th place, 2:00.73) reached the finals in the 200 Yard Butterfly.
- In the 100 Yard Freestyle, Julian Escasa reached the finals and placed 13th at 47.65s.
- Kalenowski reached the finals of the 100 Yard Breaststroke, placing 14th with a time of 1:01.33.
- The Phoenix Fall Classic wraps up tomorrow at 10:00 a.m.