WYOMING, Mich. - The Illinois Tech women's basketball team traveled to Michigan on Tuesday evening to take on Grace Bible College. Despite a pair of Tech freshman combining for 22 points, the Scarlet Hawks were defeated 81-40.
How it Happened
- The first half was stagnant for Tech, as Grace Bible jumped out to an 11-2 lead. The Tigers led 23-8 after the first quarter and 41-17 at halftime.
- The Scarlet Hawks offense started to heat up in the third quarter, as Erin Efimoff, Madison Davis, and Venika Jarvis combined for 11 points.
- In the fourth quarter, Tech had its best offensive output of the day. The Scarlet Hawks netted 12 points, which included five from Davis.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Davis scored 12 points on 5-of-10 shooting to go along with four rebounds. It was her second-highest scoring total of the season for the freshman.
- Another freshman, Efimoff, tallied 10 points.
- Jarvis scored eight points and had a career-high 17 rebounds. She also contributed three steals.
- Tech hosts Maranatha Baptist University at 5:00 p.m. on Friday in the Keating Sports Center. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live webcast will be powered by Illinois Media School.