Dec 19, 2017
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - The Illinois Tech women's basketball team played its first of two contests at the Daytona Beach shootout on Tuesday. Tech fell to St. Vincent 83-32.
How it Happened
- The first half was dominated by St. Vincent's offense as the opponents socred 47 points. Tech struggled to the tune of 4-for-20 shooting over the first 20 minutes.
- Tech's offense saw an uptick in the third quarter, with five different players scoring.
- In the fourth, Shannon O'Donnell and Margaret Meggers combined for nine points for the Scarlet Hawks.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- O'Donnell led the team with 11 points and three steals. She also had four rebounds.
- Meggers tallied six points and five rebounds off the bench.
- Erin Efimoff had seven points and five rebounds.
- Tech is back in action in the morning, taking on Washington and Lee at 10:00 a.m. central time.