CHICAGO, Ill. - The Illinois Tech women's soccer team hosted the top-ranked team in all of NCAA Division III, University of Chicago, on Thursday night at Stuart Field. The Maroons impressed, controlling possession to defeat the Scarlet Hawks 8-0.
How it Happened
- Chicago dominated possession early and it paid off with two early goals, scoring on a penalty kick and a corner kick to take a 2-0 early late.
- Tech had a great chance mid-first half as Julia Taliana and Katie Hoefgen created a breakaway. Hoefgen left the shot just high.
- The Maroons tacked on twice more before halftime to bring the score to 4-0 heading into intermission.
- Chicago was relentless on offense in the second half, tallying four more time while turning away a few quality Tech chances.
Stats to Know
- Chicago outshot Tech 45-2 for the match.
- Fouls were in favor of Chicago (15-6).
- Tech was held without a corner kick.
- Women's Soccer is now 6-10-1 on the season.
- Tech hosts Finlandia University on Saturday at 3:00 p.m. in the last home match of the season. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.