PLYMOUTH, Wis. -- The Illinois Tech women's soccer team had total control of the match all of the way, scoring eight goals in their way to Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference victory against Lakeland Wednesday.
How It Happened
- Katie Hoefgen wasted no time getting the match started as Caeli Kennedy dished it out to her and found the back of the net in the third minute for her 17th goal of the season.
- 10 minutes later, Hoefgen again scored a goal with the assists by Anna Delseith and Kirsten Robinson to make it 2-0 for her 18th goal of the season.
- Shortly after that, Hoefgen recorded a hat-trick with her third goal of the match with the assist by Cosette Thompson in the 14th minute.
- To close out the half, Julia Honda, who is normally a defender, recorded her first goal of the season in the 37th minute from the pass of Julia Taliana to make it 4-0 going into the break.
- To start the second half, it was Talianas turn to get on the goal side as Katie Hoefgen found her for the back of the net for her ninth goal of the season.
- Jamie Griggs added her 13th and 14th goals of the season two minutes apart from each other to make it 7-0 Illinois Tech.
- Katie Hoefgen added the finishing touches as she scored her 20th goal of the season in the 63rd minute.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Katie Hoefgen recorded a hat-trick +1 as she recorded four goals and also assisted on two other goals to bring her total to 20 goals and nine assists on the season.
- Jamie Griggs also had a multi-goal match, scoring on two goals.
- Catherine Klemp posted another shutout in goal, played all 90 minutes and recorded one save.
- Illinois Tech's defenders, who allowed only two shots with one being on goal.
- Cosette Thompson had four shots with three being on goal.
- Illinois Tech has a quick turnaround as the Scarlet Hawks travel to University of Chicago to take on the Maroons tomorrow night starting at 7:00 p.m.