Sep 08, 2019
CHICAGO, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's soccer team opposed the Sagehens of Pomona-Pitzer (3-0-1) on Sunday at Stuart Field. Tech (3-2) was defeated by the California opponent by a score of 3-0.
How it Happened
- In a slow-paced first half, the lone goal came in the 25th minute. Anna Ponzio of the Sagehens kicked one passed the keeper as Tech was outshot 9-0 over the first 45 minutes.
- Ponzio was not done for the visitors, scoring again in the 47th minute to double the lead.
- Seven minutes later, Brian Varnbuhler made it 3-0 for the Sagehens to cap the scoring.
Stats and Notes
- Emily Dashiell attempted two shots and the only shot on goal for Tech.
- Ponzio had seven shots for the Sagehens.
- The Sagehens outshot Tech 18-6.
- Neither team attempted a corner kick the entire first half. Pomona-Pitzer attempted three in the second half compared to Tech's two.
- Women's Soccer does not play until Sunday, September 15 at 6:00 p.m. when the team hosts Knox College. Live audio, video, and stats will be available for the match. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.