by Eric Willuweit
River Forest, Ill. - Illinois Tech women's tennis team rebounded from a tough conference loss last Saturday by defeating Concordia Chicago 6-3 Saturday morning in NACC match play. With the win, the Scarlet Hawks evened their conference record at 2-2, and improved to 2-4 overall. The Cougars fell to 1-8 overall and 0-5 in conference.
- The Hawks took four of the six singles matches, and two of the three doubles matches.
- Natalie Hamill rebounded from a 6-2 set one loss to post 6-2 and 6-3 set wins in her #1 singles match victory against Heidi Hesse.
- Saumya Sukthankar won her #2 singles match against Ali Wingood 6-2, 6-2.
- Ashley Dame won her #3 singles match against Kamila Giza 6-2, 6-3.
- Akeyla Harper won the #6 singles match against Ella Seebach 6-2, 6-2.
- Hamil and Sukthankar teamed up for an 8-3 victory in their #1 doubles match against Hesse and Giza.
- Harper and Angelica Conwell bested Alexa Hoover and Seebach in the #3 doubles match.
The Scarlet Hawks will host Lakeland University on Thursday, September 29th at 2pm at the XS Tennis Center. The match was rescheduled from Sunday, September 18th.