Posted: Jan 28, 2017
SOMERS, Wis. – The Illinois Tech women's track and field team competed in UW-Parkside's Green and White Invite on Saturday. Tech placed fifth in the event.
- The long jump was the premier event for the Scarlet Hawks on Saturday, as three Tech athletes earned points. Jaquelle Rowell (fourth place, 4.90m), Mminika Effiong (sixth place, 4.70m), and Emmalee Ciriacks (eighth place, 4.50m) all finished in the event's top ten.
- Ciriacks also won the triple jump event at 9.43m.
- Monica Bhagavan performed well in the 55 Meter Dash, earning a spot in the finals. She placed seventh with a time of 8.06s after an 8.04s time in the preliminary heat.
- Effiong followed suit in the 200 Meter Dash, placing eighth with a time of 33.14s.
- The Scarlet Hawks will compete in the University of Chicago's Windy City Invite on Friday, February 3 and Saturday, February 4. The meet will begin at 11:00 a.m. on Friday and 8:30 a.m. on Saturday.