MEQUON, Wis. - The Illinois Tech women's volleyball team trekked north for a Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) match on Friday night to take on the league-leading Falcons (13-4, 7-0 NACC) of Concordia University Wisconsin. Despite keeping things close, the Scarlet Hawks (3-12, 1-5 NACC) were defeated 3-0.
- CUW 3, Tech 0 (25-22, 25-15, 25-19)
How it Happened
- The two teams traded the first eight points on set one before CUW went on a 6-0 run to take a 10-4 lead. While the Falcon lead would climb to as high as 10, the Scarlet Hawks fought back to pull to within one on a Taylor Burton kill to make the score 23-22. After taking a timeout, the Falcons would score twice to win the set.
- Concordia scored the first five points of set two and never looked back. Another seven-point run mid-set pushed the Falcons ahead even further to the team's eventual set win.
- In set three, the Scarlet Hawks stayed close early and took an 12-10 lead after an Alyssa Miner kill and Sinjun Acuna ace. The Falcons responded with a 4-0 run to retake the lead, which held for the rest of the set.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Burton had six kills, a .235 hit percentage, and four block assists.
- Miner tallied four kills and a .286 hit percentage.
- Leah van der Sanded totaled six kills.
- The Scarlet Hawks are back at it tomorrow with a NACC match at MSOE. Game time is set for 12:00 p.m.