Oct 24, 2018
LISLE, Ill. – The Illinois Tech women's volleyball team dropped a 3-1 contest to Benedictine (Ill.) to conclude their Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference schedule this season.
How It Happened
- Benedictine took the first set, 25-14, after Illinois Tech led 9-8, the Eagles swung momentum their side and won the set.
- The Scarlet Hawks rebounded nicely, tying the match up at 1 after taking the second set, 25-21. The Eagles cut it to 22-21 but Illinois Tech rallied for the last three points to win the set.
- The Eagles took the third set, 25-15, pulling them ahead two sets to one.
- Benedictine won the match in the fourth set after taking that one, 25-21.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Taylor Burton and Mia Phelps each led the Scarlet Hawks with seven kills each. However, Burton recorded five blocks.
- Leah van der Sanden recorded six kills for Illinois Tech.
- On defense, Sinjin Acuna picked up 18 digs.
- Illinois Tech returns to action, Friday, October 26 as the Scarlet Hawks compete in the Augustana Pumpkin Bash.