Chicago, Ill. - Jackson Brass scored six goals, Yano Porter and Brock Melanson each added four goals, and the Illinois Tech men's lacrosse team defeated North Central University(MN) 24-3 Wednesday night at Stuart Field. The Scarlet Hawks improved to 2-3 on the season. The Rams fell to 0-2.
The Hawks held a 4-0 lead at the end of the first quarter on the strength of a pair of goals from Brass, and individual tallies by Porter and Melanson.
The Hawks extended their lead to 7-0 in the second quarter on goals by Brass, Spencer Meace and Porter, before Jackson Smith finally got the Rams on the board at the 8:32 mark. The Hawks outscored the Rams 3-1 the remainder of the quarter to head into halftime leading 10-2.
The Scarlet Hawks continued their offensive assault in the third quarter, outscoring the Rams 8-0, with seven different Hawks players tallying goals, including another pair of goals from Brass. The Hawks exited the third quarter leading 18-2.
Illinois Tech closed out the match with a 6-1 scoring run in the fourth quarter, including a pair of goals from Juan Bohorquez, en route to the 24-3 victory.
Scarlet Hawks Watch
- Brass finished with six goals on ten shots, while adding three assists
- Melanson had four goals on seven shots, along with two assists
- Porter had four goals and two assists
- Bohorquez had three goals on five shots
- Jeremy Cohen added a pair of goals along with two caused turnovers
- Christopher Stone paced the Hawks with nine ground balls
- Jay Crim had two goals on four shots
- Isaac Griffin recovered six ground balls to pace the Rams
Inside The Box Score
- The Scarlet Hawks outshot the Rams 63-8
- The Hawks held a 47-14 advantage in ground balls
- The Scarlet Hawks travel to Angola, Indiana on Saturday, March 26th for a non-conference match with Trine University at 12pm CT.