Posted: Sep 21, 2019
CHICAGO, Ill. - The Illinois Tech Men's Soccer team hosted its annual homecoming match on Saturday, taking on the Archers of Moody Bible. Tech dominated en route to a 5-0 win.
How it Happened
- In the eighth minute, Jacob Westerhoff started the scoring for Tech off a Jonathon Clarke assist.
- Things picked up again in the 30th minute when Zach Whritenour scored unassisted.
- In the 32nd minute, the first half scoring was capped off on Justin Knust's first collegiate goal. Conner Shaw was credited with an assist on that one.
- In the second half, Tech continued to get everyone involved offensively, starting with an unassisted Michael Kaczowka goal in the 48th minute.
- It was Peter Fouchet's turn two minutes later, scoring off a Matthew Beasley pass.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- Alex Kern made an outstanding 10 saves in net.
- Kaczowka, Knust, Westerhoff, Whritenour, and Fouchet tallied the goals.
- Shaw, Beasley, and Clarke provided the assists
Stats to Know
- The Scarlet Hawks outshot the Archers 29-16, taking 16 shots in the first half alone.
- Tech also attempted an astounding 16 corners.
- The Scarlet Hawks will play host to Dominican University in the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) opener on Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by the Illinois Media School.