Posted: Mar 30, 2017
WAUKESHA, Wis. - The Illinois Tech women's lacrosse team recorded its first shutout of the season on Thursday evening, downing Carroll University on the road 15-0.
- Illinois Tech 9-1
- Carroll 1-7
How it Happened
- Illinois Tech jumped out to a fast start, as Alyssa DeLuca and Isabel Fitzpatrick-Meyers scored over the match's first six minutes.
- Over the next 14 minutes, the Scarlet Hawks extended the lead to 8-0. Mallory Tognetti scored her first collegiate goal during this span.
- Four more goals were addeded before halftime. Five different Scarlet Hawks scored over the first 30 minutes to lead 11-0 at the half.
- DeLuca tallied her fifth goal of the match to start the half, scoring at the 26:20 mark.
- Three more goals, included one from Sarah Maciorowski, closed out the scoring.
Scarlet Hawk Standouts
- DeLuca led the team with six goals.
- Isabella Rubin and Fitzpatrick-Meyers scored two goals a piece. Each player also had three ground balls. Fitzpatrick-Meyers had three draw controls.
- Madison Meredith had a goal and five assists. She also had three ground balls, four draw controls, and four caused turnovers.
- Abbie Reynolds and Jessica Cochis combined for the shutout.
Stats to Know
- Tech outshot Carroll 29-9.
- Illinois Tech was 9-of-10 on clears. Carroll was 7-of-25.
- Fouls were even at 16.
- The Scarlet Hawks will host Cornell College in Midwest Women's Lacrosse Conference action on Saturday at 3:00 p.m. at Stuart Field. Live audio, video, and stats will be available. The live audio will be powered by Illinois Media School.