CHICAGO, Ill. – Illinois Tech Women's swimming and diving hosted their first meet of the season at Ecko Pool this Friday, competing against Illinois College and St. Ambrose University. Starting the season off right, the Scarlet Hawks defended their home terrain, coming away with a sweep. Tech defeated St. Ambrose 156-56 and topped Illinois College 163-45.
- The top two 400 Yard Medley Relay teams dominated at the top. The "A" relay, finishing with a time of 4:17.59, started strong with Katherine Lydon's backstroke and finished with Brigitte Temple's breaststroke performance, Briana Tyler's butterfly, and Jamie Wurster's freestyle. The "B" relay finished close behind with a time of 4:35.90 thanks to Haley Slator, Milica Gvozdjan, Lavinia Santos, and Christina Hiotaky.
- Lydon was untouchable as she won the 200 Yard Freestyle, finishing with an impressive time of 2:01.48. She was also a force in the 500 Yard Freestyle, gliding into the wall in first place (5:23.45).
- Temple snagged first place in the 200 Yard IM, finishing with a time of 2:23.05.
- The 1000 Yard Freestyle also had the top two finishers thanks to Delaney Shepherd's 11:58.14 and Madeline Lane's 12:34.62 finishes.
- Tech finished strong with the 100 Yard Breaststroke, nabbing the three top spots in the event with Temple (1:11.58) claiming first, Emma Prager finishing in second with a 1:15.26, and Gvozdjan placing just moments after with a 1:15.67 time.
- A quick turn around for the Scarlet Hawks has them traveling to Anderson, Ind. bright and early tomorrow morning to compete against top competitors Franklin University and Anderson University. The meet is expected to start at 12:00pm.